20 Tips for a Huge & Joyous Life
LAUGHING, LOVING & LEARNING
By Susan Jeffers, Ph.D.
I’VE DEVISED 20 RULES for creating a fantastic life for my time on this earth . . . rules that I’ve learned over the years. When I follow them, my life is beyond wonderful. Of course, once in a while, I don’t follow them, and my life is definitely less than wonderful! And sooner or later, I’m back to following the rules once again . . . and everything improves.
I would like to share my special rules with you. I believe that if you choose to follow them, your life will certainly be HUGE . . . filled with love, with joy, with adventure, with all good things. Of course, you can play with them at will and make them your own, but here are the basics . . .
1. WITH EYES OF GRATITUDE, NOTICE ALL THE BEAUTY AROUND YOU.
2. SMILE AS YOU RECOGNIZE THE MANY BLESSINGS IN YOUR LIFE.
3. JOYFULLY SAY “THANK YOU” TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTE TO YOUR LIFE.
4. PICK UP THE MIRROR AND ASK, “HOW CAN I BE MORE HELPFUL HERE?”
5. COMMIT TO PUTTING MORE LOVE INTO EVERYTHING YOU DO.
6. KNOW THAT YOU COUNT . . . AND ACT AS IF YOU DO.
7. FEEL JOY IN THE KNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR LIFE HAS MEANING.
8. TAKE A DEEP BREATH AND CUT THE CORD TO ANY UNHEALTHY DEPENDENCY.
9. LET GO OF THE BLAME, STAND TALL AND TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR REACTIONS TO ALL LIFE EXPERIENCES.
10. LEARN SOMETHING VALUABLE FROM ALL LIFE EXPERIENCES . . . GOOD OR BAD.
11. DO YOUR BEST AND LET GO OF THE OUTCOME.
12. ACT RESPONSIBLY AND LOVINGLY TOWARD YOURSELF AND OTHERS.
13. RISE ABOVE YOUR FEAR AND FOCUS ON ALL YOU HAVE TO GIVE TO THE WORLD.
14. LET GO AND ALLOW THE RIVER TO CARRY YOU TO NEW ADVENTURES.
15. BE PATIENT AND TRUST “IT’S ALL HAPPENING PERFECTLY.”
16. QUIET YOUR MIND AND TRUST THAT YOUR INNER WISDOM WILL LEAD YOU TO WHEREVER YOU NEED TO GO.
17. RELAX KNOWING YOU CAN HANDLE ALL THAT NEEDS TO BE HANDLED.
18. REACH OUT AND INVITE OTHERS INTO YOUR LIFE.
19. ALWAYS CHOOSE THE PATH WITH THE HEART.
20. TOUCH THE WORLD WITH LOVE WHEREVER YOU GO.
It may seem like a lot of rules but, if you begin focusing on just one of them every day of your life, I do believe your life will get better . . . and better . . . and better . . . and better. Certainly mine has.
Excerpted from Life is Huge! by Susan Jeffers Copyright © 2005 by Susan Jeffers, Ph.D. All rights reserved. Excerpted by arrangement with Jeffers Press. $14.95. Available in local bookstores or click here.